Falling off the map with your prospects and customers is as damaging as doing so with personal contacts.Â Only in the case of business, it can cost you your livelihood. Â The damaging effects are more than you may have considered.Â
- Prospects make decisions without you and move on. They opt for competitive solutions.Â Their priorities change and the window for your opportunity may close.
- Your information becomes outdated. Your prospectâ€™s decision maker or contact person may have changed.Â Database information accuracy erodes rapidly.Â A B2B list can be as much as 50% less valuable in just 2 years.Â Staying in touch is the best.Â Itâ€™s the only real and practical way of keeping your database current.
- They forget about you. Name recognition is lost.Â Your brand power is not developed. Â Â Familiarity, which can be an important contributor in the development of trust, is crucial to the sale process or it is lost.
- You lose the potential for â€śbeing in the right place at the right time.â€ť Timing is everything in sales â€“ if youâ€™re too early, you wonâ€™t get their attention and interest.Â If youâ€™re too late, well, youâ€™ve lost the deal.Â Staying in touch increases the odds that the timing of your offer will fit the timing needs and priorities of your prospect.
- Opportunities to gain knowledge of situations with your prospect or customer which are crucial for the sales and relationship process are missed. Chances to cross-sell and deepen your account value are missed.Â And, potentially critical customer service issues may not be identified.
Fortunately, there are very efficient and effective ways to stay in touch!Â A lot of what I do at First Direct Corp. with GoldMine Premium CRM software and related add-on products is about that very objective.Â Care to learn how? Â Schedule a conversation with me, Bob Ritter, President of First Direct Corp. Â at 845-221-3800 x 101.