Creating E-mail Rules
Create rules set to specify conditions and actions for handling e-mail. For example, use e-mail rules to filter incoming messages, minimizing the amount of unwanted e-mail.
1. In the E-mail Center, right-click and select Options > Set up E-mail rules or click Set up E-mail Rules from the toolbar.
The E-mail Rules Center welcome page appears. Click OK.
2. Right-click the left pane and select New Rule Set.
The E-mail Rules Wizard opens.
3. Type a name in the text box.
4. To apply the rules to different types of messages, select from Incoming E-mail, Outgoing E-mail or Incoming and Outgoing, and then click Next.
5. At the E-mail Rules Wizard: Condition page, select one of the following and click Next
Select ALL of the following conditions must be true.
ANY ONE of the following conditions be true.
To delete a selected rule condition, click Delete.
6. To define or change a condition, click New or Edit. The E-mail Rule: Condition dialog box appears.
About E-mail Rule: Conditions
You can define one or more conditions for GoldMine to evaluate when retrieving online messages. These conditions specify attributes for GoldMine to check. If a message meets the conditions, GoldMine can then apply the actions defined using the E-mail Rules Wizard.
Mail Field: Select the e-mail field for GoldMine to search for a specified value, such as From, To, CC, and so on.
Logical Condition: Select a condition such as Begins with, Contains, Equal to, Not Equal to and so on.
Value: Type the value for GoldMine to search when evaluating the field selected in Mail Field. The Value depends on what Mail Field field and Logical Condition are used. For example, if the Mail Field field is set to From and Logical Condition is set to Contains, then in the Value field you can set any part of the E-mail address of the sender.
7. Click OK to enter the condition.
To add another condition, click New.
To change a selected condition, click Edit.
8. After adding all conditions, click Next. The E-mail Rules Wizard: Actions dialog box appears.
About E-mail Rule: Actions
The actions you set in the E-mail rules determine what happens to the e-mail after conditions are met. The E-mail Rules: Actions dialog box appears after you configure e-mail rule conditions.
a. To create a new rule, click New.
– Action on Mail: In the drop-down list, select the operation GoldMine will perform upon detecting a message with the specified conditions such as Move to inbox or Delete Attachments.
– Value: Provides additional information necessary for GoldMine to complete the operation. For example, if you selected Move to inbox as the Action on Mail, select the subfolder of your inbox where GoldMine will place the messages that meet the condition(s).
b. To create a new rule, click New.
NOTE: The Value field only appears when a value is needed to complete the action. For example, if you selected Delete Attachments as the Action on Mail, GoldMine needs no further information to process this request, so the Value field does not appear.
c. Click OK to enter the rule in the browse window of the Actions screen. To add another action, click New. To change a selected action, click Edit.
d. Click Finish. GoldMine adds the rule to the selected rule set. The name of the rule appears in the left pane under the rule set. The selected condition(s) and action(s) of the rule set appear in the right pane.
9. After configuring actions, click Finish.
GoldMine adds the rule to the selected rule set. The name of the rule appears in the left pane under the rule set. The selected conditions and actions of the rule set appear in the right pane.