SQL is a standard language for accessing databases. These SQL tutorials will teach you how to use SQL to access and manipulate data in: MySQL, SQL Server, Access, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, and many other database systems.
What is SQL?
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language
- SQL lets you access and manipulate databases
- SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard
What Can SQL do?
- SQL can execute queries against a database
- SQL can retrieve data from a database
- SQL can insert records in a database
- SQL can update records in a database
- SQL can delete records from a database
- SQL can create new databases
- SQL can create new tables in a database
- SQL can create stored procedures in a database
- SQL can create views in a database
- SQL can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views
The following is a great tutorial that covers a lot of material about SQL – http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp
In order to write SQL statements you need to know the database table structure, the following is a link to a website that details the GoldMine database table structure. – http://www.enigmaware.co.uk/goldmine/tabledefs/