GoldMine Premium Edition now includes integration with Google Apps. This integration provides bidirectional synchronization between your Google Apps Calendar and your GoldMine Calendar. Standalone Gmail accounts are not supported at this time. Users must have a paid Google Apps account.
GoldMine Mobile must be installed to use the Google Apps integration. GoldMine owners do not need to use/own a license of GoldMine Mobile but the service must be installed in order to sync with your Google Apps account. Once the integration is installed and configured, syncing will occur automatically with no end user action necessary.
Stay Connected From Anywhere
With Google Apps Calendar you’ll have access to your calendar no matter where you are in the world and what device you’re on. For your business, this means every employee and everyone you work with can be productive from anywhere, using any device with an Internet connection. Organize your day with Calendar and get event reminders on your phone or in your inbox. Attach files or docs to your event so you have the right materials when your meeting starts.
If you are interested in setting up the Google Apps Sync feature with GoldMine Premium Edition, please contact our office. The following lists some of the items you will need in order to successfully install/configure the Google Apps Sync feature, please contact us for technical assistance.
Prerequisites for Google Apps Sync Feature:
You need to have the following before you can set up and configure the synchronization:
- An authorized login for Google Apps to access the Google Developers and Google Admin consoles.
- At least one active Project in the Google Developers console so that you can access the APIs and other functionalitynecessary to set up the configuration.
- GoldMine Mobile Edition (GMME) installed on an IIS server in order to synchronize the Calendar with Google Apps.
- The IP address of the IIS server to access the GoldMine Configuration page if you are installing from another machine, (or use /localhost). Once GMME is installed you can access Google Apps and the GoldMine configuration page from any machine.
We recommend an installation of Chrome for ease of use with Google Apps products.
Set up involves logging in to the following pages:
- Google Developers Console Page,
- Google Admin Console
- GoldMine Configuration screen in Google Apps.
Once the synchronization is configured and enabled it will run until the GMGoogleSync service is manually stopped or fails. The service starts automatically when the server starts. We recommend performing the connection tests in order to ensure that your set up works.