As you all know, the Adobe Acrobat PDF Maker toolbar can “disable” the GoldMine Word Link menu in Word.
Here are some instructions for getting the GoldMine menu to come back:
PDFMaker is an Acrobat feature that operates within many business applications, including Microsoft Office applications. When Acrobat is installed, PDFMaker controls appear in the Office toolbar, as well as a pair of menus entitled “Adobe PDF” and “Acrobat Comments”. You can remove this functionality from Office, without having to remove Acrobat from your system entirely.
To remove Acrobat Toolbar Buttons from Office 2003:
- ChooseStart > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Acrobat Professional and click Change/Remove.
- Click Next.
- Select Modify and click Next.
- Expand the Create Adobe PDF menu, then select the Acrobat PDF Maker option, and change the status to “This feature will not be available”.
- Click Next, and then click Finish to complete the process and allow Acrobat to remove the PDFMaker component.
To remove Acrobat menu items from Office 2003:
- Open any Microsoft Office 2003 application, such as Word or Outlook.
- Right-click on the toolbar area and select “Customize…”.
- Click on the “Toolbars” tab.
- Select “Menu Bar”.
- Click Reset.
- Repeat steps 1-5, as needed, for other Office applications.