Microsoft recently released a security update which prevents GoldMine’s Help feature from working properly. When your users go to view the help files it says the page can’t be displayed.
Of course, these updates/patches have also made your machine more secure, so you should consider that before you decide to implement any of the ‘fixes’…
If you’ve thought about it and have decided to skip the security and get your help files working again, perform the following steps:
This fix requires modifying the Windows Registry. These instructions are intended for those familiar and comfortable with this type of procedure.
To modify the ItssRestrictions registry entry to enable a specific security zone, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type “regedit”, and then click OK.
Locate and then click the following registry folders:
Locate the regestry subkey called “ItssRestrictions” on the right.
Note If this registry subkey does not exist, create it by using Steps 1a and 1b below. Otherwise continue to step 2.
1a. Right Click on the 1.x folder. Point to New, and then click Key.
1b. Type ItssRestrictions, and then press ENTER.
2. Right-click the ItssRestrictions subkey, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
3. Type MaxAllowedZone, and then press ENTER.
4. Right-click the MaxAllowedZone value, and then click Modify.
5. In the Value data box, type the number 4, and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.